Hello everyone! Resin Forge here with the start of a series of guest posts., starting with a counts as ‘Fabius Bile’ for a Sons of Horus Heresy Era army. Before we begin, yes, the actual Fabius Bile was a member of the Emperor’s Children but please keep in mind this is simply a character recreation set in the Horus Heresy time period, not an actual recreation of him during that period (although with shoulder pad swaps it could count as him very easily)
Lets jump right into what bits the conversion is made up of.
Right side – FW Mk2 Tank Commander head
Left side – FW Mk2 Apothecary head with the lens intact.
GS studs to connect the lens portion of the helmet.
FW Inquisitor Iron Halo
FW Inquisitor Lok Servo Skull Scribe Arms
FW Red Scorpion Magister Loth Honor Guard Torso
FW Apothecary Vial attached
FW Mk2 Backpack Fan Vent
FW Plague marine shoulder pad decaying head
FW Inquisitor Solomon Lok Data Servitor back module
FW Astral Claws Valthex Techmarine Backpack
FW Mk2 Apothecary Backpack Vials
Plastic Imperial Guard Servo Skull Half Halo
Mk2 Backpack Bottom Side Vents
Pewter Fabius Bile Backpack Mechanical Arms
Plastic Imperial Guard Vox Speaker
Finecast Dark Eldar Haemonculus IV Bag
Mk2 Apothecary Arm
Mk2 Closed Assault Hand
Finecast Thunder Cannon Techmarine Staff
Finecast Thunder Cannon Techmarine Plasma Cutter
Pewter Inquisitor Servo Skull
Black Legion Pewter Shoulder Pad
Mk4 Apothecary Arm
Mk4 Bolt Pistol
Finecast Thunder Cannon Techmarine Backpack Sensor
FW Inquisitor Solomon Lok Data Servitor cable connector
Black Legion Pewter Shoulder Pad
Pewter Iron Hands Bionic Legs
FW Angron Fallen Marine 40mm Base
2 Pewter Warhammer Fantasy Familiars
Plastic Imperial Guard Servo Skull
FW Titan Tech Priest Mechanical Servo Arm
FW Flamer Tank
FW Magister Loth Honor Guard Helmet
Where to begin….. I suppose its best to start in the same order as the parts are listed above.
1) The head is a combo of the 2 halves from the Mk2 Tank Commander head and the Mk2 Apothecary Heads with the Iron Halo attached to the back of it. The brown lens was added based on plastic rivets. The Lok Servo skull Scribe arms are attached to the lower half of the helmet before its glued on.
2) The torso is almost entirely based around the Loth Honor Guard torso with the Red Scorpion icon shaved off and replaced with the vent fan from a Mk2 backpack. The vial from the Apothecary set was then mounted on the right side of the breast, on top of a GS mount.
3) The belt items were taken from 2 bits. The first being a severed, decaying head taken from one of the FW Plague Marine shoulder pads and the second, coming from the Inquisitor Lok Data Servitors back module. It was carefully cut off and trimmed down to be a sort of scanning device.
4) The backpack is built around the Astral Claws Valthex Techmarine pack. The side mounts are cut down and replaced with the pewter Cogs that become the mounting for the Fabius Bile Mechanical arms. On the top, on both sides above the cogs and mechanical arms the small Mk2 backpack lower vents are added. The Mk2 Apothecary backpack vials are then mounted on the center with the plastic servo skull half halo cut and removed to be mounted onto them. Finally a single plastic brown rivet was added as a lens for the skull, creating a mini servo skull. On the rear of the backpack, the cut down Imperial Guard Vox Speaker was then mounted in the center with the Finecast Dark Eldar Haemonculus IV Bag mounted alongside of it with the hose connecting to the bottom of the speaker.
5) The right arm is built around the Mk2 Apothecary arm. Before anything was done the hand was removed and the shoulder mount was cut off to change the position of the arm. Once the arm was reglued to the shoulder, the Mk2 closed hand was then drilled out to allow the staff to fit in its grip. It was then mounted onto the arm. The staff itself is made up of the lower half of the techmarine staff with the plasma cutter barrel cut off and glued just above the hand. I did pin all of this to make to stable. The pewter servo skull was trimmed down to then fit on top of the plasma cutter barrel and coolant ribs. Once this was all done the shoulder pad was added.
6) The left arm is a bit easier then the right. Its almost entirely the Mk4 Apothecary arm. Only the hand was removed, a bolt pistol from the Mk4 Assault set was added. The front half of the bolt pistol was first cut off and the finecast techmarine sensor was added in its place. The small tip was cut off and replaced by the small data servitor cable connector to make a sort of needle launcher. Finally the shoulder pad was added.
7) The legs are simply the pewter Iron Hand legs with a slight bend to make them fit onto the fallen marine base. A single GS cable was added to make both sides look similar.
8) The base is from the Primarch Angron. The floating Servo skull is a cut down plastic Imperial guard on with a Titan Tech Priest small servo arm added so it could be picking the geneseed from the corpse. A Magister Loth honor guard helmet was added to spice it up. The 2 familiars are simply picked from the Warhammer Fantasy Familiar blister. Slight reposing was done on the familiar in the front to be standing on the fallen marine. Finally ‘Fabius’ was pinned in place so that he could be stable and yet be removed for painting.
That’s how he was created! If anyone has any questions at all, please do ask and ill be more then happy to help explain it better. This is my first tutorial so please forgive me if anything is confusing. And now with Bitzbox and Resin Forge teaming up, all of this conversion and future conversions can easily be built by you, the readers! Stay classey everyone and remember, support for your bitz suppliers means support for amazing conversions!
I will go ahead and leave you all with a teaser of the next Tutorial: