I have now painted the torso for my Eldar Harlequin Wraithknight. I am very proud of this piece and how it’s came out. I started by using the same palette of colours I used on the arms but thought it needed something different. That’s when I decided to go for a chequered pattern on the front of the torso. I haven’t painted this type of pattern before I started this model but I have found it quite enjoyable. Of course the diamonds in the pattern are not all the exact same size. That would have taken a lot more work and skill than I can muster but I’m still delighted with the results.
For the aerials at the back I wanted to add some different colours to the palette. At first I went for a straight pink but it looked to bright so I switched to a gradient pattern from purple. I copied this with the green below which I think came out really well.
Now that the body is complete (apart from the shoulder mounted guns which will be added at a future date) I decided to attach the arms and the head.